Monday, May 11, 2009

Day Six - 5/11

Aaron:
Haven't had time to formulate a thoughtful response to this yet, because my head is full of sugar tariffs and macroeconomic models. But I have to tell you: "And yes, Kobe, Shane Battier can guard you. Shut your fucking mouth," is the best thing that anyone has written about the playoffs yet. I'll be looking forward to your future musings. And damn, this format shit is fucked.

re:Andy
Dude needs to get punched in the mouth.

Shoals wrote today (and i'm really on board) that he wished that the Mavs had won Game 3 so we could see Denver with a little adversity. I totally agree with that, but I think if they step on the throat today they have to be considered to have taken another step (even though they are totally legit in my mind). Championship teams don't lose Game 4 when they are
up 3-0.

Who guards Kobe on that team? That scares me. Dude owns the Nuggs. I also think that Birdman or KMart would totally put an elbow into his throat early on, but doing that to Kobe would warrant at least two games, if not three or four. I think it totally has to happen. He would come back and have some huge games, but he would shift into i-get-mine mode. In any case, I don't think I want to see it, because LETS GO ROCKETS.

Word,
Little A

Aaron:
And don't sleep on Dahntay Jones. He might at least be able to make Kobe work for his points, which is about as much as one can hope for.

re: Andy
Good point about Dahantay, I've always liked him, even at Duke.  I always felt like he was a Duke outsider and I liked that.  Melo just gave a menacing stare at Antoine Wright and it was fucking awesome. He's mellowed (laugh it up) out a bit, but that dude should still not be fucked with.  Lamar Odom has nightmares about Carmelo Anthony. That series is gonna be epic. (note: yes, still LETS GO ROCKETS...but its not gonna happen)

I forgot to tell you yesterday that Kyle Lowry warms the special place in my heart for chubby guards.  Pour one out for Kahlid El-Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment